We encourage the involvement of volunteers to help run our services and manage the project.
Are you a parent with a child under 8?
Would you like to volunteer at a Children’s Centre?
We encourage the involvement of volunteers to help run our services and manage the project. Click here to view the Role of the Parent Champion Jun 17
You can gain some experience working with children or in administration;
Two of the centre’s Stay and Play sessions have high attendance at the moment – leaving the two staff members really busy!
- Upton Village Hall, Mondays, Session runs 10.00am to 11.30am
- Great Plumstead Village Hall, Wednesdays, session runs 10.00am to 11.30amWe’re looking for volunteers who can spare a few hours to support with:
- Setting up and clearing away activities
- Preparing fruit and drinks for snacks
- Meeting and greeting families when they arrive
Acle Marshes Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults and therefore Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks and references are sought for all staff and volunteers.
For further information please contact Beccy Polley, Deputy Centre Manager on 01493 752950 or email Beccy
Examples of some of these projects might be:
- Befriending volunteers who visit families at home or accompany them to groups and services in the area
- Toddler Group volunteers helping to run our toddler groups
- Assisting staff at outreach activities; Stay and Plays, Curious Caterpillars, Infant Massage.
- Administration tasks
- Preparing creative activities
- Breast feeding Peer Supporters
- Volunteer on our Parents Voice Forum to help plan future services.
Volunteering can have many benefits for those taking part:
- Gaining valuable life experiences and skills
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Gaining new skills and qualifications through training
- Experiences that supports your return to paid employment
- Satisfaction in helping others
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Having fun
You can decide how much time you are able to give. Support with training is available.
Details of current volunteer opportunities will be shown below:
We are looking for keen volunteers who would like to gain experience of working with children and families to assist with preparing snacks, keeping the play areas clean and safe. Volunteers will be required to apply for a DBS check and supply names of referees.
Call or drop in for more details.