Children’s Centres are friendly, welcoming places which offer families with children under the age of eight a free range of services, information and support in their local community.
There are 53 centres located throughout Norfolk and they are placed at the heart of communities to enable parents and parents-to-be to get the help they need and provide the best possible start in life for their children.
They are free to join, most activities are free and, once you’ve registered, you can go along to any centre in Norfolk.
The services Children’s Centres offer vary from centre to centre, but can include:
- Advice during pregnancy and when your baby is born, including the ‘Pathway to Parenting’ programme
- Parenting advice and support
- Stay and Play sessions
- Health services
- Help getting into adult education, training, and employment
- Family support
For details of all children’s centres in Norfolk click here:
Autumn 2018: Norfolk County Council has launched a consultation for a new Early Childhood and Family Service for Norfolk.
They are proposing to transform children’s centres by:
1. Bringing the services out of buildings and into the community, to the children and families who need them the most.
2. Helping communities and parents offer local activities and groups.
3. Making it easier for families to access the information and advice they need, through providing better joined-up online and digital services.
4. Changing how they work to make sure they deliver in the best way for today’s families.
Click here to view an easy read version of the consultation proposal: Childrens centres easy read FINAL_Word_Revised_Date_270918
The new Early Childhood and Family Service launches on 1st October 2019. For more information see the flyer:
Caister, Acle and Trinity Children’s Centres are managed by the Governing Body of Caister Infant, Nursery School and Children’s Centre. They are known as a ‘Lead Partner’. Norfolk County Council has overall responsibility for the children’s centre and they have commissioned them out to be run by a number of different lead partners.
For further information about Caister Infant & Nursery School, please click here: